Monday, November 9, 2009

Keep You Word

“If I said it, then I will do it” is a phrase often heard but rarely followed. I believe this is part of the reason why things are the way they are. So many people have promised things, said they would do such and such, but in the end the only thing left behind is a cloud of dust symbolizing the trail they left because they have abandoned ship before completing the work. This practice has got to stop. Please do what it is you say you will do. We are quick to quote the scripture that declares “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” (Phil. 4:13), but where is that boldness when it comes down to the work? Keep your word, and make good on your promises.

1 comment:

  1. It has very often become a trend for people to talk big and move little. I agree with this blog as I do try to practice what I preach. In our parents' day, their word was all they had so they had to stand by it. Lets start making people live up to their word instead of pushing it aside as just a part of one's personality. As Christians, it shouldn't be part of anyone's character as we strive to be like our Father.

    ReplyDelete