Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Where Is Your Head?

Looking at the present world as it is today, I cannot help but to ask this question to some people today……where exactly is your head? In other words, can you tell me exactly what it is that you are thinking? For those who may not understand what I am talking about, let me explain.

There isn’t one day that goes by, and I am sure that you witness the same thing, that I do not see a young man with his pants below the allotted waist line, a young lady with clothes so tight that you can see every organ and vein in her body performing its function through her outfit. I see tricked-out and “pimped out” rides, but if I go ask the brother where he lives; he says his mom’s house. I see young mothers whose hair is “popped”, but her children are still in their pajamas. Or a young man bragging about how many women he has slept with, but has no idea how many kids he may have.

So again I ask, and allow me to rephrase the question: What is most important to you? Can it be the famed money, power, and respect? To earn the three, you must give them as well. You must spend money to make money, and I am not just talking about investment. It takes money to get gas in the car to go fill out the application of the job you want to get. It takes money to buy the groceries to cook the food that people eat, and then say you need to start your own catering business. To earn power, you must learn to be subjected to it…..in other words, if someone has authority over you, you must learn to give away your pride, your selfishness, your own personal views and submit until you are put in a position that power can be entrusted to you. I am reminded of a line from a movie that declared that “with great power comes great responsibility”. Power doesn’t make you great……WIELDING that power is what makes you great. Lastly, to get respect you MUST give it. There is no way you can take respect. It must be given, and it must be earned. If you cannot respect one of the most important people in life, that person being YOU, you will never receive the respect that you seek.

No comments:

Post a Comment