Monday, April 4, 2011

There Is Nothing Like It

A good friend of mine received an e-mail the other day from a friend of theirs, and in it was enclosed one of the age-old questions that continues to baffle the saints today………depending on their tradition and beliefs. The question was: Is once saved always saved? While I will not try to give an answer as this is not the point of this blog, I will say this: there is nothing sweeter than knowing that I am safe in the Masters’ arms. Now I am not saying that everyday is a breeze, not at all! Trust me……..there are days where I am thinking to myself, ‘OK now…..what is REALLY going on here!?’ If you haven’t had one of those days, as the elder saints would say: “keep living baby!” But needless to say, at the end of the day, God will show Himself strong, faithful, and ever so true to His word. After all, it does say that His word will not come back to Him void; meaning empty of fulfillment, but it will accomplish that which He has sent it forth to do. Every day that I live is just a testimony to the fact that God lives, for it is in Him that we live, move, and have our being. It also allows my faith to grow, because I can live IN the expectation that God will blow my mind on today by manifesting His word in the most magnificent way, but if He doesn’t do it today, He is still God, and God is not a man that He should lie, nor the son of man that He should repent. He is the same God yesterday, today, and forever more. Just as the saying goes, if He did it back then……in the days of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, David, Solomon, Joshua, Moses, and the rest that are listed in the “hall of faith”, He can and will do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment