Friday, September 19, 2014

Are you ready for the shift?

We are in the first week of the “Surrender Fast: New Beginnings”, this fast coincides with my first 2 weeks on my new job.  In August 2013, I asked GOD for a change I had been in this position for 11 years and I was tired.  Working with middle school students is not easy it really takes its toll after a while.

In May 2014, I was told that I would be moved to the high school building for the 2014-2015 year.  Great, a new challenge and I accepted with great expectation and I thought I was ready for it – I WAS NOT.  Since I knew most of the students, I thought it would be an easy transition but instead it was a little bumpy.  Due to me being there for 11 years I was on auto pilot, I was comfortable. After the first day, I had to step up my game and be even more prepared, more engaged, and less reactionary and find a different rhythm.  Even physically, I had to focus even more on losing more weight so I can move easily between two buildings daily. So if naturally I have to step up my game for this shift (new job), what about the shift I want spiritually?  AM I READY FOR THE SHIFT? And the answer is NO. 

I realized that I need to step up my spiritual game.  I need to be more prepared, more engaged, and less reactionary and find a different rhythm.  Sometimes we find ourselves on autopilot, go to this service, sing this song, and read that scripture but we are not an active participant yet we want more from God. This week I have found these components critical for a swift. 1. Seeking God is essential in preparation for a shift. 2. Removing people, places, and things is next. 3. Fasting & Praying is necessary. 4. Reading his word is mandatory (you need a road to be a better you).     
So I will spend the next 35 day preparing even more for the shift.  I have a revised plan of action and this first step is the “Surrender Fast: New Beginnings” ….. Who’s with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment