Saturday, March 14, 2009

Already Alright

Early this morning after not sleeping much, I awoke singing (ad-libbing of course):

“God has not promised me sunshine, that’s not the way it’s going to be. “ (WHY) Cause sometimes we have to get a little rain, then it gets mixed with a little of God’s sunshine, you know some grace, mercy, with a sprinkle of love and dash of meekness, a cup of temperance. You know to remind you that you can’t have everything your way and you are still evolving. In school I give little self-checks to measure what the students know and to remind them what areas they’re still struggling with or gage how well they can solve a specific type of problem. Well same with us, these little bumps are just a reminder that we still have some growing to do but, shows where growth has occurred. I don’t handle a problem or a stumbling block the way I handled it in 2008, hopefully I have matured. Also, things could be worse and here I am belly aching over something that could and can be fixed if I would just remember whose child I really am. Even the last line of the Hawkins’ song gives you hope:”For it will be ALIRGHT”. And it’s that we all are looking for, just a reminder that yes before, during and after the storm that EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT.

1 comment:

  1. Mr. Clark,

    I recall preaching a sermon once entitled "Process Brings Promotion". With out going through certain bumps and trials, we would never become strong enough to handle the promotion. When ever something is just handed to you with no kind of work to earn it, the appreciation is normally not attached to your promotion.

    Knowing this, I can walk in my process with my head lifted up singing "EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT" because I know my process is for the promotion to come......

    ReplyDelete