Friday, March 14, 2014

YES I WAS BORN FOR EVEN THIS !

I remember the day I tried to kill myself in at 19 or 20 (now 40).  I sat in the upstairs bathroom of my childhood home. I was lost, didn't like myself, no self-esteem, thought I was ugly and that no one would love me. Now I had loving parents and seven brothers/sisters yet I still felt so alone.  So I took a bottle of my dads pills and said good-bye to myself.  Took the pills, sat there and threw every last pill up. 

GOD IS AMAZING ! Because I'm Still Here ! 

I was born for this. Every mistake, failure, broken heart, almost dying twice  ~ YES I WAS BORN FOR THIS.  This is the life God gave me and even through my jack ups, hang ups, low points, high points I was was born for this.   Each one of those experiences made me who I am a this moment.  I am better singer, editor, publisher, BELIEVER because of them.  Don't knock down these experiences; just ask yourself one question ~ What did I learn?  

Part II on Monday ...... 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! No words. You were Born for This. I was Born for This. We were Born for This.

    I, too, wanted to die in my early twenties. I wished most every night I wouldn't see the morning light. But each day, I would open my eyes to live "this" (my plan). But when I developed a real relationship with Jesus, I started to live "THIS" (His plan) and life is sweet! Not without challenges, but made joyful by my relationship with the Father. Thanks for sharing Charles, you have me fired up! LOL

    ReplyDelete